Saturday, March 19, 2011

Photo Update

We've made it through training and will be sworn in as official volunteers on Monday. We move to our sites on Wednesday!

Here are photos from the last several weeks of training.

During my site visit, over the course of 5 days I spent each night in a different city or on a night bus, in transit. (My site is a 15 hour bus ride from Bangkok.)

Bangkok

View from our hotel room

Western toilet and *gasp* a showerhead/ bathtub!
My roommate and I got so excited we had to take pictures and were late for our meeting-oops!

Clean beds!

Farang (foreign aka non-Thai) food!



Chiang Mai


Tapae Gate


My Site

House at site (next to potential homestay's house)

View from potential homestay's house

Sunset
I think I can get used to this over the next 2 years


Back in Ayutthaya

Thai wedding
(I have no idea who the bride and groom are, but they let me join in their photo - and had me stand in between them at that!)

My first Mardi Gras celebration - and it's in Thailand

Me in Thai traditional dress
(It was tight and bright pink and hot - I was not as happy as I looked in the photo but when in Thailand, do as they do - just SMILE!)

Birthday party
(My host family also gave me this bright pink shirt.)

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Looks like it's an awesome time! :) Glad you're enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

hey debi it's mike minneman. miss you a ton, what's your email address these days? mine's mjm703@gmail.com. let's catch up.