
Two weeks ago, my students were running up to me in the halls saying, "Trick or treat!" (That's what I get for teaching them about Halloween.) This week, it was "Teach, give me Peppero!" (Or if their English was a little more limited, it was more like, "Teacher! Peppero" and their little cupped hands conveyed the message.) Actually, I ended up getting a lot of Peppero from my students. One of the students wrote on the box "Teacher, Happy Peppero Day!" The 6th grade teachers had all agreed to tell their students not to bring Peppero because they thought it was expensive and unhealthy for the students. Some of the students didn't listen and brought it anyway. It was actually one of the 6th grade classes that gave me boxes and boxes of Peppero. Made me feel loved. :)
And of course, in proper Korean style, I redistributed all the Peppero I got to some students I ran into in the hallway while carrying the Peppero back to my classroom, other less fortunate 6th grade students whose teachers were stricter and forbade them to bring any Peppero at all, the 6th grade teachers who didn't allow their students to bring Peppero (but ate it pretty happily), my co-teachers, teachers in the teacher classes I taught after school, students in my Taekwondo class... Half the fun in eating food is sharing it right?
1 comment:
Just saying hi... seems like you're having a ball! :)
Post a Comment